.

.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bottle margaritas.........


















 Have you ever seen five gallons of 100 % organic Prickly Pear juice?  Now you have, and it's frozen to be used for future testing of products. I am sure that I could had gotten more if I had my planned hydro press constructed.....at least 5 gallons more. That would had given me a total of 29 gallons.......from such a little dab of land where the cactus grows. Well...planting has already started for nearly 6,000 square feet.
 We are on our third test batch of jelly. I am very surprised at the flavor......sort of a honey - watermelon taste. By the end of this winter, we will have several products derived from the prickly pear. In three years....there will be hundreds of gallons to be processed.

 A little something here I found in the Yelp forum...interesting: "......Cazadores is good, though if you're doing prickly pear margaritas, you might want something with a slightly different flavor profile: consider also El Tesoro reposado, or Sauza Conmemorativo for a more earthy flavor to mix with the prickly pear flavors".

 Reminder: You may have missed MANY of the posts I have submitted.... due to the crazy email notification application. I urge you, that next time you get a notification in your email.....just go to the main page of my blog  thenatomasfarm.blogspot.com  to see ALL of the day's posts!