.

.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Sacramento can thank me for all the rain.......













 
  ....I decided to do a much needed rain dance two days ago. Don't laugh folks.....it worked! Weather forecast is predicting four inches of the wet stuff. Yes Sacramento...you may thank Farmer Deno for this blessing that I brought.

54 days without rain. Winter days were actually getting very warm here at the farm....a few days hit 72F. What is really tough without rain is all the dust. I'll add to this .....that there is no grass in the fields either. Just dusty ol' dirt.

Well.....I am very happy to see lots of rain soaking in deep to the ground. The taller the field grass gets .....the bigger my wallet gets. We are currently paying about $18.00 a bale for horse feed....and we have three horses. I can breath so much better too with all that dust dissipating back to the ground.

So I may have to do a sun dance next.....and I know that will work also!

No comments :