.

.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rio Linda-Elverta Historical Society













I've done many functions here in Rio Linda....explaining what a sustainable farm does. I must say that this was the best outing I have have taking part in......the Rio Linda-Elverta Historical Society. Arlete Hodeland and her volunteers made us feel very much at home.

Talking about the farm was so so to these folks..... until I whipped out a sample of our crops. First to hit these wide eyed old guards was the 9 pound cantaloupe. Second up was the Queen Pluots that I brought a flat to the event. At the end of this event......I had some old timer that asked to take home that cantaloupe......and I was afraid that he might not be able to carry it. But he did.

Oh.....and that flat of Pluots disappeared within minutes. 

My friends www.facebook.com/therefarmer gave a great presentation about their operation. These guys do mostly testing and analyzing stuff at their farm.....sort of scientists.












We must be doing something right.....there are five more of these type of functions that I have been asked to attend.

1 comment :

Arlete Hodel said...

The Rio LInda-Elverta Historical Society was thrilled with your presentation.