.

.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Come play in the snow....














 You play...we will stand back and watch you have fun!

 As Farmer Deno has stated many times here at this blog......the farm never ceases to show me something new. I went outside a few chilly mornings ago to check on the nearly frozen chickens...only to see this "snow". The pile under the tree is horse manure.....I have been dumping a wheel barrel of horse manure around all the landscape trees. Yes....I did research this strange snow on Google.....and here's what I found:

"It is highly probable that the spores were consumed by the horse, passing through it's gut and then germinating when released. Not only is this fungus helping to break down the dung, but it also turning it into nutrients in the soil that will be used by plants and trees"

 I won't tell the three horse this!