.

.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

You have got to be figging me!


















 Perhaps the sweetest figs ever ....from our trees....that I have ever eaten. So good that, I went out and bought a few more fig trees. Now the question is this: will I get one of my sons to wear this costume above....to reel in the customers to the fruit stand?

 That's what the job was for yesterday.....fencing off the Fig orchards from the horses, adding length to the irrigation, and installing a few more Black Figs. The horses were breaking some branches off the trees from their playful romps.....yet never did they eat the tree bark or the leafs. Just the ripped figs! Must have been real good eating..... for the birds caught wind of the sweet hanging fruits too. Top all that off with Farmer Deno  discovering the sweetness too!

 We may not be selling figs this year :-)